How to send an eFAX
The steps below will show you how to send an eFAX using your email.
The following steps will show you how to send an eFAX using your email. Due to different email providers and email applications, please substitute certain steps according to your email solution. This guide was created as a general “how to” using outlook as the email program.
Please note that you must be authorized to send eFAXES. If you have not been authorized, you will get an error when trying to send a fax.
- Open your email program. This may be your Outlook program or the web.
- Compose a new email by clicking on the appropriate button to do so.
- In the TO: field, type in 1(phone number)@faxhd.com (example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Attach the document that you would like faxed to the email. PDF and TIFF files work best, but DOC, TXT and RTF files can also be used.
- Send the email. When the email is successfully received by the fax system, you will receive a QUEUED SUCCESSFULLY email that indicates that the fax is ready to be sent.
- Please wait. Once the fax is successfully sent, you will receive another email indicating a success.